The book’s listing was removed by Amazon on Thursday evening. According to Amazon’s website, it had been on sale since October 2011, and had received 15 one-star reviews, all of which complained about its subject matter. The book was also available for free in the Kindle Lending Library, which according to the terms and conditions of Amazon’s Kindle publishing platform, one of the largest self-publishing platforms in the world, meant that it was exclusively available on the Kindle.
Love146, an organization based in New Haven, CT, had asked its followers to send letters and emails, and to telephone Amazon, requesting that they withdraw the book.
Before its removal, Jo Coles, Collective Shout Officer at Love146, told The Huffington Post via email that “We have protested Amazon before and they have responded well and removed ‘The Pedophiles Guide to Love and Pleasure.’ This is one of the reasons why we are not asking people to boycott Amazon.”
- scissortailmuse likes this
- otempestade likes this
- unsexybeast reblogged this from zaynganjavadd and added:
- agniologist likes this
- catsncigarettes likes this
- unpackhappy likes this
- soitgoats reblogged this from huffingtonpost and added:
- ebbnflowe likes this
- generalgiro likes this
- generalgiro reblogged this from huffingtonpost and added:
- kirmizinokta reblogged this from huffingtonpost and added:
- zaynganjavadd reblogged this from huffingtonpost and added:
- huffingtonpost posted this